COVID-19 Office Update | May 11, 2020
To our patients and community –
The past 8 weeks have been a difficult time for all of us. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed to help control the spread of the coronavirus.
We are happy to announce that we are planning to reopen our office for patient treatment on May 18, 2020. Our hours will remain Monday-Friday by appointment. Rest assured, your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are only opening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly increase the safety for our patients and our team members.
If you have an appointment scheduled on or after May 18th, someone from our office will call to confirm your appointment. If your appointment was canceled due to the office closure, someone from The Hills Dental will contact you to reschedule that appointment. Given the high volume of cancellations over the past 8 weeks, it is extremely important to us to do everything possible to attend to our patient’s needs. If your canceled appointment has not yet been rescheduled, we will be reaching out in the coming weeks via phone and/or email. You may call us if you need more urgent care.
With our re-opening, there will be some changes to our office and the patient experience that we would like to share. The Hills Dental Care has always been an extremely clean and sterile environment. We take painstaking efforts to ensure that each of our operatories, chairs, work surfaces, counters, and all touchpoints are extremely clean. In addition to these existing procedures, we have implemented new policies to address the recent virus outbreak. Dr. Scimone has studied the guidance from the American Dental Association, Missouri Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control, and other medical and dental authorities. This has helped to inform her decision on the new policies and procedures to be implemented at The Hills Dental Care.
Prior to and upon your visit to our office, you will experience the following:
- A confirmation call to review health screening questions.
- A request that you wear a mask when coming to our office.
- A checkpoint upon entering where we will ask that you use hand sanitizer, wipe down any belongings you have with you with a sanitizing wipe and get a mask if you did not bring one with you (please bring your own mask as our supply is limited).
- One of our front desk team members will take your temperature and review screening questions again prior to the clinical team taking you back for your appointment.
- Please do not bring guests or extra family members with you to your appointment. We are trying to limit the number of patients in our office at any given time.
- We will ask that you continue to practice physical distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- The doors to the reception area will be propped open all day.
- Air purifiers running throughout the office
We know that there will be changes and new procedures around every corner in our community. We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
If you have any questions or concerns, then please do not hesitate to contact us at 314-481-3369 or email@example.com
Thank you so much for trusting the team at The Hills Dental Care with your oral healthcare. We look forward to seeing you soon!